Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 1/2 oz. tuna, drained
- 1 cup panko
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried celery
- 1/8 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (or Dijon mustard)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Black pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients, and chill for 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into patties and cook in lightly oiled skillet over medium heat until warm throughout (about 6 minutes on each side).
- Enjoy traditionally (on a bun with lettuce and tomato) or as a salad topper.
Recipe Credit: Bernadette McCarthy